Quick questionnaire to see if you’re a high functioning binge eater
Read the following questions and quickly answer yes or no to each of them. Be honest, there’s no such thing as a wrong answer here. I’ll tell you all about it afterwards.
- Do you intentionally avoid physical exertion?
- Do you need to eat to relax?
- Do you eat when you’re not hungry or when you don’t want to?
- Do you eat more than you need to?
- Do you eat when you’re alone or hide your eating?
- Does eating cause you to ignore responsibilities at home, work or school?
- Do you have relationship problems due to binge eating?
- Do your loved ones worry about your weight and your eating?
If you answered yes to two or more of those questions, you are likely what we call a ‘high functioning binge eater’. Just like a functioning alcoholic, you manage to keep a brave face or façade of control even when you have no control. It’s why you’re here, reading this email and working your way through this course.
It’s why I am determined to help you overcome your inner voice and help you say no to all of those questions in the near future.
It doesn’t matter why you binge eat. It doesn’t matter whether you answers yes to two or all of those questions. It doesn’t matter how long you have binged for. All that matters is that you’re here and working with me to overcome them.
There’s one more thing I want you to say yes to.
Say yes to woking this program and mastering your binge eating!
You can do it. You have gotten this far. You have already said no to your inner voice more than once. You will say no to it again plenty of times in the future. If you can do it once, you can do it again. And again. And again!
Thank you for reading today’s blog.
I can help you fix your food problem Please note that I only offer a few free sessions every month, so if you’d like to secure your spot, then please sign up as quickly as possible.
Alan Steiner DMD